Tourism, Accommodation and Historical Attractions in Natal, South Africa
The Natal Drakensberg
Northern Drakensberg: Golden Gate National Park
Northern: Golden Gate National Park
|Advertise Now -it's Free!||Change text size:|
It is easily reached by passing across the Drakensberg via the picturesque Oliviershoek Pass then left to QwaQwa. It is some 20kms past QwaQwa. For instructions, see the Witsieshoek page.
- Take one of the many trails
- Take a short trip out of the park and see the Basutho Cultural village
- Visit the nearby town of Clarens - full of art galleries and handicrafts
- The largest herd of black wildebeest in South Africa
- Camping and self catering accommodation at Glen Reenen in the park (National Parks Board)
- Lots of bed and breakfasts in Clarens (10kms)
A steep valley runs through the centre of the park at the margins of which are magnificent sandstone formations that give the park its name. There are both short trails and a single long trail and a selection of wildlife including the largest herds of black wildebeest in South Africa.